1. Go! Kids Challenge Celebration
About 10 of us went over to the Alamodome last Sunday to help out at an event called Kids Rock. It was an expo promoting health for kids. There were alot of games, activities, sponsors, etc. I think Borden was there, Subway (we met Jared!), and some sports drink company. There were other booths set up that were having games and stuff that had some sort of aerobic benefit or team play involved in it. We were there to sit at a table and sign autographs for kids. I guess they thought we were famous or something. haha. We also were interviewed on stage. It was a lot of fun. There was a guy who has an olympic gold medal in the Bobsled. I guess San Antonio has an American Olympic Gold Medalist in there city limits somewhere. Also, Thanks to Bri for getting us set up with this event!
2. Paralympics
This Saturday, Pancho, Joy, Jessie, and I went with coach over to the new Heroes Stadium to help out with the Paralympics. This was an event for Paraplegic Athletes. It was a track meet and we helped out with the timing system. I really enjoyed working at this also. There was everything from Paralympic Gold Medalists to kids who could barely finish a 60 meter dash. I've never really experienced or seen anything like that before.
Working like a Dog
In track news, we have our conference meet this weekend. Were leaving for Memphis on Thursday. I have big goals personally, and we have big goals as a team. Its going to be a long but fun weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment