Saturday, March 12, 2011

Race Recap: Tarleton State Relays

Walking to Subway

It was a long day Thursday. We left Trinity at 6am to head up to Stephenville, TX, which claims to be the cowboy capital of the world. Population: 15,000, UFO sightings, every other vehicle a truck, and a University is all that makes up Stephenville. It was warm during the day, but as the sun went down, it got very cold. I didn't race today, but I went along for the ride and helped Coach Derick take splits. Overall I'm not quite sure how we did as a team, but Pancho got a 3 sec PR in the 1500, the girls did really well in the 1500 and 5k, and Brushy ran a great race! Not everyone traveled today, I think we had about 40 people total. I got to see and hang out with a long time friend of mine that goes to Tarleton, which was really nice. We left Tarleton a few hours later than expected and the bus arrived back at Trinity at 2am. We were gone for 20 hours! Anyway, now I'm back home and just relaxing.

I took this picture from my iPhone just north of Austin on our way back to Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment